Build A Strong and Satisfying Relationship
Couples therapy can save your marriage…
“We don’t communicate and I’m scared that we’re drifting apart.”
“We can’t seem to get along and our fights leave us feeling hurt, helpless, and lost.”
“Our loving feelings for each other have diminished. We don’t know how to get them back.”
Do you find yourself in one of the above situations?
If so, let me tell you that you are certainly not alone.
The fact is…conflict is a normal part of being in a committed relationship. All couples experience some form of conflict. It only becomes a problem when you get stuck in conflict without any resolution and then feel disconnected from one another. This is where couples or marriage therapy can be helpful.
Your problems could be about any of these things:
- Repeated fights over unresolved issues:
You’re left feeling hurt, angry, and stressed after arguments that may involve money, parenting styles, in-laws, ex-partners, household responsibilities, etc.
- Feeling emotionally or sexually dissatisfied:
Your needs for emotional closeness, affection and physical intimacy aren’t being met – you don’t know how to address it.
- Recovering from infidelity:
Your relationship is in crisis and you don’t know if you can heal from the affair and learn to trust again.
- Problems with addiction:
Your addiction or your partner’s addiction has left you feeling hurt, resentful, and emotionally disconnected.
- A mental health challenge:
Dealing with depression or anxiety is stressful on your relationship.
Any of the above challenges can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to face them alone!
Through couples counselling you and your partner can learn to overcome these challenges, heal your hearts, and learn to make room for love again.
These and other problems are why couples come to me for therapy.
My mission as your couples counselor is to help you get the knowledge and tools you need to build a strong and satisfying relationship. A relationship based on love, respect, and understanding.
As your couples counsellor, I can help you:
- Break free of harmful patterns of conflict.
- Resolve longstanding issues (including problems with trust, commitment, sexuality, infidelity, finances, parenting, extended family relationships, etc.).
- Improve communication skills.
- Reconnect emotionally and physically.
- Improve your sex life.
- Bring back caring and understanding to your relationship.
- Prevent separation and divorce (unless that is what you want. If this is the case, I’ll help you navigate through the process).
- Bring a greater sense of trust, support, respect, and love to your relationship.
Here’s what some of my clients say after working with me in marriage therapy:
“I finally feel like we’re able to communicate about our problems without worrying that it will lead to a big fight.”
“As we learn to trust each other again I feel closer to her and more willing to open up.”
“We’ve come to realize that we can get what we need from each other and that the relationship is well worth fighting for.”
“After the first session I left with a renewed sense of hope that we could get through this together.”
“We learned how we could avoid the negative communication patterns while keeping our emotional connection strong.”
Why work with me as your couples therapist?
My work with couples is based on scientifically supported principles. I’ve integrated research from the Gottman Institute of Seattle with concepts from Emotion-Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) to provide couples with a sound empirically-based approach to overcoming their problems.
These approaches to couples counselling are considered by many relationship experts to be the most highly effective ones in existence.
The Gottman and EFT approaches are effective at improving your relationship because they can help you:
- Repair and deepen your emotional connection- often the root cause of conflict and relationship pain.
- Heal emotionally from betrayal.
- Renew your trust and commitment.
- Improve your communication.
- Improve your ability to deal with conflict and resolve problems.
- Gain the knowledge and tools you need to create long-lasting changes.
With these therapy approaches guiding my work with you, I will help you uncover the harmful patterns impacting your relationship and help you bring about positive changes.
It does take two to tango! Together, with my help, you and your partner can create a stronger relationship.
While the responsibilities and work we identify in counselling may be different for each of you, you both can have the opportunity to grow as individuals and become better, more committed and loving partners.
Are you ready to have a stronger, healthier, and more satisfying relationship?