Get Help for Your Teen and Deepen Your Connection
Do any of these resonate with you?…
“I don’t know how to reach my son anymore…I feel we’ve grown apart.”
“My daughter’s issues have taken a toll on our family and we feel stuck.”
“I’m really worried about my son. We’re having a lot of problems with him and we don’t know what to do.”
“Ever since we all moved in together it feels like its been one fight after another.”
…As a parent of a teenager you may be experiencing struggles like the ones described above.
There is no doubt that parenting and navigating the challenges of the teen years can be overwhelming– for both parents and teens.
There can be many reasons why as a parent, you might be seeking counselling for yourself and your teen:
- You can’t seem to communicate with your child. There are problems and conflicts.
- You have difficulties setting boundaries while maintaining a positive relationship with your teen.
- You are stuck on how to deal with anger outbursts, drug abuse, bullying and other social problems, or sexual promiscuity.
- Mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts.
Any of the above challenges can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to face them alone!
Parent and teen counselling provides an opportunity to get the knowledge, tools, and support you need to help your child and overcome the problems you are both facing.
You can develop more confidence as a parent and create a healthier relationship with your child– a relationship based on respect, cooperation, trust, and love.
I can help you feel more confident as a parent. You’ll be able to connect with your adolescent in a deeper and more meaningful way.
Through individual or family counselling I can help you:
- Increase your power and influence as a parent.
- Improve communication.
- Resolve the issues that create conflict (including problems related to roles and responsibilities, drug use and other high risk behaviors, or sexuality).
- Improve your ability to resolve conflict in a positive manner.
- Strengthen your trust.
- Overcome the challenges of a change in the family (e.g. loss, divorce, re-marriage, creating a step or blended family, etc).
- Cope better with a family member’s mental health issue.
I can also meet individually with your teenager to help him/her:
- Improve their mood (decreasing irritability, depression, suicidal thoughts).
- Overcome anxiety (including OCD, panic attacks, phobias, social anxiety, generalized anxiety, post-traumatic stress).
- Overcome problems with their peers.
- Work through grief and loss.
- Increase self-esteem and self-worth.
- Better manage ADD/ADHD.
- Develop skills for expressing and managing anger appropriately.
- Adjust to significant life events (separation/divorce, moving, illness, bullying, etc).
Why choose me as your therapist to help with your parenting or family problems?
My work with parents, teenagers, and families is backed by 22 years of experience. I’ve developed a lot of expertise regarding the challenges of parenting teenagers and the complexities of family dynamics.
My knowledge of adolescent development has provided me with a sensitivity to the difficulties teens face in their transition to adulthood.
I can connect with teens quickly, helping them feel comfortable to open up with me. I communicate with deep understanding, respect, and empathy on a level teens can understand.
Whether you need expert help with parenting or want support for your teenager, I will help you solve the challenges at hand.