I draw inspiration as a counsellor from the stories, struggles, and courage of the people I work with. I’ve had the privilege to help hundreds of clients tap into their inner strengths and witness them move forward and better their lives.
My therapy work is also influenced by my own continual search for balance. I try to achieve this by connecting with nature, staying physically active, practicing meditation, and fostering loving relationships with family and friends.
My experience with parents, teenagers, and families goes back 22 years. I’ve been a Registered Clinical Counsellor since 2005.
In addition to my counselling private practice, I’ve worked in residential treatment programs, school support services, and community mental health agencies.
- M.A. Counselling Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, 2005
- B.A. (Honors) Psychology, University of Victoria, 1999
- B.A. Archaeology, University of Calgary, 1993
Specialized Counsellor Training
- Making Sense of Anxiety with Gordon Neufeld, Victoria, 2014
- Conversations in Narrative Therapy with Stephen Madigan, Victoria, 2012
- Problem Gambling: Intervention and Treatment, Victoria, 2011
- Addiction: A Body-Centered Approach with Gabor Mate, Victoria, 2010
- Emotion-Focused Therapy for Couples, Victoria, 2009
- Trauma Focused CBT Training, Vancouver, 2007
- Aboriginal Mental Health and Cultural Sensitivity Training, Victoria, 2007
- Early Childhood Mental Health Training, Vancouver, 2006
- Advanced CBT for Depression Training, Vancouver, 2006
- Advanced DSM-IV Training, Vancouver, 2006
- CBT for Anxiety Training, Vancouver, 2005
- Therapeutic Crisis Interventions Training, Montreal, 2004
Originally from New Brunswick, I’m fluent in both English and French and provide services in both languages.